Shop by Brand > Varier

Olav Eld°y was born in 1948 in Stord, Norway, and received education from the National College of Art and Design in Bergen in 1973. It has been said design is 98 percent common sense. The difference is found in the remaining 2 percent have the magic required to add that something extra to our lives, we cannot live without it.

It has been said that design is 98 percent common sense. The difference is found in the remaining 2 percent. When these 2 percent have the magic required to add something extra to our lives, we cannot live without it. - Eld y Bring human design into your home - Design for design's sake is art. Art has no practical function. A chair's function is to promote relaxation and good posture. Forget the rules of design and let the human body be your guide. Keep art where it belongs in a gallery. The core idea of the Human Design collection is to provide homes and public buildings with beautiful design chairs that also have the right kind of comfort. Therefore, we take the principles of the classic products, such as the Variable balans, one step further, and introduce a similar functionality in sculptural designs. By doing so, we seek to satisfy people's duality of rational and emotional attraction. Whilst the brain says you should buy chairs that are good for your body, we also acknowledge our desire to surround ourselves with beautiful artifacts.